WorldCIST’16 – 4th World Conference on Information Systems and Technologies
Recife, PE, Brazil
22th-24th of March 2016
The WorldCist’16 – 4th World Conference on Information Systems and Technologies, to be held at Recife, PE, Brazil, 22 – 24 March 2016, is a global forum for researchers and practitioners to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, results, experiences and concerns in the several perspectives of Information Systems and Technologies.
We are pleased to invite you to submit your papers to WorldCist’16. All submissions will be reviewed on the basis of relevance, originality, importance and clarity.
Submitted papers should be related with one or more of the main themes proposed for the Conference:
A) Information and Knowledge Management (IKM);
B) Organizational Models and Information Systems (OMIS);
C) Software and Systems Modeling (SSM);
D) Software Systems, Architectures, Applications and Tools (SSAAT);
E) Multimedia Systems and Applications (MSA);
F) Computer Networks, Mobility and Pervasive Systems (CNMPS);
G) Intelligent and Decision Support Systems (IDSS);
H) Big Data Analytics and Applications (BDAA);
I) Human-Computer Interaction (HCI);
J) Health Informatics (HIS);
K) Information Technologies in Education (ITE);
L) Information Technologies in Radiocommunications (ITR).
TYPES OF SUBMISSIONS AND DECISIONS
Four types of papers can be submitted:
– Full paper: Finished or consolidated R&D works, to be included in one of the Conference themes. These papers are assigned a 10-page limit.
– Short paper: Ongoing works with relevant preliminary results, open to discussion. These papers are assigned a 7-page limit.
-Poster paper: Initial work with relevant ideas, open to discussion. These papers are assigned to a 4-page limit.
– Company paper: Companies’ papers that show practical experience, R & D, tools, etc., focused on some topics of the conference. These papers are assigned to a 4-page limit.
Submitted papers must comply with the format of Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing Series (see Instructions for Authors at Springer Website or download a DOC example) be written in English, must not have been published before, not be under review for any other conference or publication and not include any information leading to the authors’ identification. Therefore, the authors’ names, affiliations and bibliographic references should not be included in the version for evaluation by the Program Committee. This information should only be included in the camera-ready version, saved in Word or Latex format and also in PDF format. These files must be accompanied by the Consent to Publication form filled out, in a ZIP file, and uploaded at the conference management system.
All papers will be subjected to a “double-blind review” by at least two members of the Program Committee.
Based on Program Committee evaluation, a paper can be rejected or accepted by the Conference Chairs. In the later case, it can be accepted as the type originally submitted or as another type. Thus, full papers can be accepted as short papers or poster papers only. Similarly, short papers can be accepted as poster papers only. In these cases, the authors will be allowed to maintain the original number of pages in the camera-ready version.
The authors of accepted poster papers must also build and print a poster to be exhibited during the Conference. This poster must follow an A1 or A2 vertical format. The Conference can includes Work Sessions where these posters are presented and orally discussed, with a 5 minute limit per poster.
The authors of accepted full papers will have 15 minutes to present their work in a Conference Work Session; approximately 5 minutes of discussion will follow each presentation. The authors of accepted short papers and company papers will have 11 minutes to present their work in a Conference Work Session; approximately 4 minutes of discussion will follow each presentation.
PUBLICATION AND INDEXING
To ensure that a full paper, short paper, poster paper or company paper is published in the Proceedings, at least one of the authors must be fully registered by the 27th of December 2015, and the paper must comply with the suggested layout and page-limit. Additionally, all recommended changes must be addressed by the authors before they submit the camera-ready version.
No more than one paper per registration will be published in the Conference Proceedings. An extra fee must be paid for publication of additional papers, with a maximum of one additional paper per registration.
Full and short papers will be published in Proceedings by Springer, in a book of Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing series. Poster and company papers will be published by AISTI.
Published full and short papers will be submitted for indexation by ISI, EI-Compendex, SCOPUS and DBLP, among others, and will be available in the SpringerLink Digital Library.
The authors of the best selected papers will be invited to extend them for publication in international journals indexed by ISI/SCI, SCOPUS and DBLP, among others, such as:
– International Journal of Neural Systems (IF: 6.507)
– Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering (IF: 4.698)
– Computers in Human Behavior (IF: 2.694)
– Journal of Medical Systems (IF: 2.213)
– International Journal of Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning (IF: 1.841)
– Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems (IF: 1.812)
– Telemedicine and e-Health (IF: 1.668)
– International Journal of Information Management (IF: 1.550)
– Engineering Computations (IF: 1.495)
– Electronic Commerce Research and Applications (IF: 1.482)
– Telematics and Informatics (IF: 1.120)
– Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice (IF: 1.084)
– Ethics and Information Technology (IF: 1.021)
– Int. Journal of Computers Communications & Control (IF: 0.746)
– IET Software (IF: 0.595)
– Knowledge Management Research & Practice (IF: 0.554)
– AI Communications (IF: 0.547)
– Computing and Informatics (IF: 0.504)
– Universal Access in the Information Society (IF: 0.475)
– Journal of Global Information Management (IF: 0.424)
– Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering (IF: 0.362)
– Journal of Internet Services and Applications (SJR: 0.88)
– Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology (SJR: 0.41)
– VINE – The Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Systems (SJR: 0.24)
– International Journal of Online Engineering (SJR: 0.21)
– Int. Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning (SJR: 0.12)
– Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging & Visualization
Paper Submission: October 31, 2015
Notification of Acceptance: December 13, 2015
Payment of Registration, to ensure the inclusion of an accepted paper in the conference proceedings: December 27, 2015.
Camera-ready Submission: December 31, 2015